Home > Applications > Emergency Response > Whole Body Counter > RAD IQTM WBC
RAD IQTM WBC
Whole Body Counter
The RAD IQ™ WBC determines whether the subject individual has ingested radioactive material (body burden) after exposure to radioactive materials due, for example, to an event. It is designed to provide high throughput with high performance and to be user friendly, both for the operator and the subjects being examined.
Our shadow shielding technology enables compact and open style system design leading children, pregnant women, and large men to be readily and conveniently accommodated.
Its light weight and small footprint of the design also the WBC to be readily installed in small spaces or in a mobile unit. The design features not only make it easy to accommodate people of all shapes and sizes but also to maintain high throughput even in heavy traffic situations.
- · Excellent performance achieved with two large 3x5x16 inch NaI detectors
· Small footprint and lightweight make it easy installation in mobile applications
· One minute measurement time (typical) for high throughput
· Shock absorber design to portect detectors & eletronics in harsh operational conditions
· Auto energy drift stabilization to compensate unstable temperture change
|Detector||NaI(Tl) (3x5x16 inch), 2ea||Operating Temperature||-15℃(5℉)~50℃(122℉)|
|Foot print||1080(W)×1080(D)×2060(H) mm||Weight||2,850kg(6,283lb)|
|Typical MDA 1)||60Co149 Bq (4.0 nCi),
137Cs: 224 Bq (6.1 nCi),
134Cs: 114 Bq (3.1 nCi)
|Power||110 – 220 V AC (50 or 60 Hz)|
|Energy range||200 – 2,000 keV||Resolution||110 – 220 V AC (50 or 60 Hz)|
|Energy range||200 – 2,000 keV||Resolution||7% ± 1% @ 662keV(Cs-137)|
|360(W) X 225(D) X 600(H) (mm)||Phantom tabel
|600(W) X 300(D) X 900(H) (mm)
1) 60 sec. measurement for standard man.
The RAD IQ™ WBC application SW provides user friendly configuration/calibration procedure and DB (database) management solutions. Precise and accurate quantitation is possible by Nucare’s statistics-based signal processing algorithms.